I’m pretty sure the intention was to update this blog a bit more often than once a year, I guess there is some truth to the saying “time flies when you’re having fun”. On the other hand… the purpose of this little experiment was to stimulate some thinking on my part and to have a place to put those thought in order. While I obviously have not produced a whole lot of posts for my dear readers to enjoy, the process have been running in the background and I have been mulling over quite a few topics that almost turned into something. As the goal never was to entertain the masses I am still quite happy with the outcome.
Anyway, a new year with new possibilities and opportunities. I stopped making specific New Year’s resolutions a long time ago as I just ended up not keeping them anyway, but I do have some good intentions lined up for 2012:
- This will be a year of improvement. That is fairly vague and diffuse, I know, but I think it will be a good foundation for decisions and choices. I’m thinking of improving my study skills like reading, analyzing, understanding and sorting information, and writing, presenting, discussing and applying the acquired “wisdom” or knowledge. All this is what I consider base skills and I have concluded there are some improvement to be made. I will try to keep this in mind when choosing what books to read, what side projects to engage in and generally when deciding what to do with my time.
- Depending on my schedule I will seriously consider volunteering as assistant instructor at the AST BBST courses. I completed the Foundations class in 2010, and the Bug Advocacy, Test Design and Instructor class in 2011 so it would be good to do a repetition soon.
- Again depending on my workload I will try to get in a few more test cycles with uTest. Testing apps for mobile devices is in some ways quite different from my main job so it is an interesting side project. I signed up last year just before taking two of the AST BBST courses so I never really got up and running properly.
- I hope to participate more in the discussions at the Software Testing Club forums.
- I will blog more than last year… (should be easy enough).
Well, at least that’s a start. I’m sure there are other areas I will put some effort into as well.
Have a wonderful New Improvement Year 🙂